Simple DIY upgrades to change up your space
Friday, April 3, 2020
Spending a lot of time indoors, staring at the same walls can mean one of two things:
A. You grow restless, climbing the walls, begging to go out, or;
B. You get inspired about all the ways you can improve your home
For now, we are restricted to what we have at home and what we can [still] get online, but this doesn’t mean that the road to your best DIY project is over. Refreshing your home with things you already have is easier than you think, and you can take advantage of being home for deliveries when you shop online.
Here are 5 easy DIY projects you can do now to change up your space:
1. Do you have any paint laying around? If it’s still usable (check the tin for any guidelines or expiries), and of course if you still love the colour, give a wardrobe or an old coffee table a facelift.
2. You likely touch the door hardware in your home more than any other surface. It is the first thing you touch when you enter a room and the last thing you touch when you leave. Change up the look with new hardware, available in several different trims and finishes.
3. Peel-and-stick wallpaper is a great way to bring the outdoors in with fun patterns and colours. The best part - if you get bored of it in a few months, it’s easy to take down.
4. Tackle kitchen cabinetry by ordering new hardware online. It will give your space a refreshed look. The kitchen is the heart of the home, and we all need a little extra love right now.
5. With everyone home for the near future, now is a great time to turn in the keys and switch over to a smart lock. The Schlage Encode™ Smart WiFi deadbolt syncs with your phone and gives you total control and peace of mind – right at your fingertips.